fae was super chill and tons of fun u v u
photographs courtesy of hian-photo
freezer paper as a stencil tips:
- Do not use steam. No water in your iron AT ALL!
- Put a piece of printer paper inside the shirt below where you will be painting (helps catch any bleed through paint)
- Iron your stencil on, let cool, iron again
- Use a sponge brush. It’ll save you loads of frustration with bleeding
- Apply a very thin layer of paint, gently sponging it on.
- Be very gentle where the paper meets the fabric.
- Use a blow dryer (set to low) to speed along the drying process.
- Between coats, re-iron your stencil to make sure all the edges are still in place. (paint must be dry!)
- When removing the stencil, very lightly use an x-acto blade to help separate the freezer paper from the paint.
- PEEL SLOWLY
all things learned through trial and error. Most of these tips I never found in any tutorials. OTL